Monday, May 16, 2011

Road Ride and XC session

The weather was kinda average so what else to do than get out on the road bike. I had in my mind that I wanted to ride to the little town down the road, Pemberton. I got to the town and said to myself you have come this far lets hit out a 100k day so it was on.

A day that should have been a spin turned into a 117k day in 4 hrs 12 at an average of 25.5kph. Finishing this ride off I hung around the store for 2 hrs then went out on an XC ride to get the mtb fix.









The food that kept me going!












Below: The Crew (Mike, Graham, Mason, Frysie, Ben and The Real Jazza Wilson) getting their XC Chin Wag on. Shane missed out due to chilling and getting burnt feet in the Mexican sun. Take note Mike who has his arms up only has a front brake and still killed it on the trails, one would say animal!


The mates said 'go easy on us for we had put in a big effort the day before and today'. My response was hell no lets give her, so I dropped the hammer and smashed it out through Lost Lake.

We all decided to hit up a rock climb to spice up the riding. Most of us cleaned it but some will have to go back and give it another crack at a later date.
Frysie training for the cyclocross season!

I was running on gels at this time so real food was needed so the trip to smash down some sushi was simply amazing! With my appetite gone it was ride home and hit the hay!

1 comment: