Sunday, January 20, 2013

Adidas Pinner Goggle

Product in Review: Adidas Pinner Goggle
Frame: Lime Green
Lense: Clear with Tear off Tabs
Price: $149.99au

With the Yeti All Mountain Gravity Enduro Series in full force this summer I needed to make sure I was ready for what ever conditions were thrown at me. I wanted to make sure that I either have Sunglasses or Goggles to protect my eyes, giving me no excuse for not being able to see. I have seen the pinner goggle becoming more and more popular more on the Downhill scene. If they were trusting a goggle to get them down the hill with perfect vision I thought well that a good enough reason for me to use them.

First impressions:
  • Looking at the goggle the nose piece looks roomy and very accommodating for a lot of different noses.
  • Its a light felling goggle at only 106g.
  • Tabs for tear offs.
  • Elastic strap with rubber non slip ribs on the inside of the straps.
  • Straps that sit out from the frame.
  • Dual foam on the face pads, Black one is comfy and soft on the face with no irritations, Silver is a more breathable foam to assist the anti fog out.
  • Anti Fog lense.

  .


So there are some quick facts on the goggles now how did I find them?
With a few adjustments of the strap the goggles fitted snugly into my Downhill helmet. The strap is easy to move up and down whilst getting it into place. There were no pressure point that were standing out as the entire goggle was touching all of my face. My breathing was not restricted even after a long run of the Whistler bike park. Once I stopped riding I didn't have them fog on me as I was expecting this to happen. Even in the heat of the day riding I didn't get sweat drips running down my face nor did the pads become soaked in sweat. The way the goggle were breathing was winning me over. I sweat a lot and to have none of these issue happen was awesome.

They passed the Downhill test now for the Super-D Enduro test.

Not wearing the DH helmet as Its not compulsory the XC helmet came out for the race. Having only worn sunglasses with this helmet I was very interested to see how they went. With the rubber grip on the straps and the soft elastic straps the goggles fitted like a glove. My helmet was still in the correct spot and didn't cause any annoyance once on my bike. They stayed where I put them and my vision was not impaired at all. It was a great combination for the Myrtelford round of the Enduro series. Dry dust was on the cards that was like riding threw cloud of dust from some one doing circle work in front of you. In our race run the heavens opened up and turned a dry track into a slick roller coaster.








         










So over all summing the goggles up. They are worth every penny and gave me confidence to go as fast as I could down the trail with out restricting my view. No Fogging, light and gave me full vision. Thumbs Up!


Where do you get these bad boys from?
Any leading bike store will help put you in a pair.
Dion at fourshawagencies@bigpond.com will be able point you in the right direction in Australia.
All other enquirers can be asked via the Adidas eye where website.



No comments:

Post a Comment