Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nimby 50 Pre Ride

Well it was a awesome sunny day in Whistler and there was a sense of we must ride bikes in the air. Pemberton was on the cards so Frysie and I decided to go and do a pre ride of the Nimby Fifty course. www.nimbyfifty.com. We started at Bike Co, then grabbed a brownie from the Pony for the long haul because I had a feeling that I was going to need it. Opening the legs up along the train tracks is always a good start to the ride as it wakes you up quick smart. We hit the start of the course and began the 1st pinch up to the single track. Frysie went off like shot and I just chilled out in the granny to get the blood flowing through my legs. The radio tower descent was awesome: fast, flowy and full of loam goodness.

With the legs going strong we headed to the main climb in the race: The Nimby. 101 switch backs in 11ks. This climb would be the hardest, longest, most technical, leg destroying climb I have ever done. We got part way up and ran into a few mates who tagged on the back. Heads went down and the legs got going, not even looking most of the time. We got to the top and were rewarded with some epic single track down Overnight Sensation. End of the trail Frysie and I went to do the final legs of the Nimby course. We thought we were so so close but instead we managed to ride some crazy rolling long rock faces with some awesome Canadian huck lines. The ride finished off with a grueling spin along the train track where the car and chocolate milk called my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment