Friday, March 23, 2012

Injury Update: Images might make you queasy

I went in for surgery on Thursday 15th of March to get my foot put back together. The doctor had told me that he was going to be putting in a fake tendon possibly 2 to give my ankle more support and to assist in the healing process. I was under the knife for around 2 hrs with a few more complications that the thought but it has all turned out for the best.
Coming out of the anaesthetic was a weired felling I knew that I was in safe hands but still wanted to fight it off and came out shaking. They took me to my bed an with in 5 hrs I was up in my walker frame cruising around after the surgery but had to stay in over night for monitoring. Word got around that I was up and mobile surprising allot of the nurses and the doctor was very happy to see this.

My sweet healthy looking ankle on the left before the opp.

Just another view.

Getting ready for my food run!

My Calcaneus ligament has had a extra polymer ligament sewn into it offer more support.

1st look at the ankle after the opp. The tube went it around another 3 inches to drain all the blood out and stop it from swelling up where the staples were.

 Had this little pump pack on to suck out blood cool gadget.

4days later and I was back in the Doctors to get 8 staples out and replace them with butterfly strips.

Now a full 7days later I have had all the staples, stitches out along with the fiberglass cast off and now into my moon boot to start on my road to recover. I have been told to keep off my foot for a further week then hopefully buy the end of next week I will be able to walk in the boot with out crutches. Physio will start soon so I will have a few more exciting pics up. At the rate I'm going the doctor and nurses have said I will make a very speedy recovery. It's a awesome felling coming back from a 20-16 week recovery to a 6-8 week. Till I have more to up date happy riding keep having fun on the bike for me.












1 comment:

  1. Good to hear buddy, I can't wait to ride with you again, keep everything strong by this time and we will be ripping the trail in a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete