Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mcgiver to the Rescue!

I headed out with a small crew to go ride train wreck just south of function junction. Around 5 min into the ride I noticed that my bike was creaking when I put done the power in the big ring. I didn't think much of the nice as i had checked over my bike the day before and gave it a new lease on life.

I went for a power move up over a skinny then before I could even think about getting of the bridge I was riding the bike like a bucking bull.

I scratched my head and had a look at the chain and it was still on the chain ring. I went to take off again it slipped again. Apon further notice I looked down and saw a piece of pink aloy on the grown. What the hell is that? It is a chain ring bolt with 3 other friends who all decided to jump ship on me.



1 crank bolt, 2 crank bolt, 3 crank bolt, floor!












Assessing the damage and over all not so bad.


















I had the bash ring and front ring around by bars for around 5 min of the ride back and slipped under my brake lever causing me to shoot off the trail.















It was time to get creative and put the chain rings back where they should be. I was looking for twigs anything to shove in the holes. I was cursing along the hwy and then I saw some tape used to survey with. 2 min later i was back and running with my ghetto guide. I ended up Spinning all the way back to town after I missed the bus buy 1 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment